Friday, August 1, 2008

www.lizthoughts.gov.www\lizthoughts

Does anybody know what happened to KinderĂ¼berraschung eggs? I love these little chocolate eggs with toys inside. I was obsessed with them during my semester abroad in Germany. I am always excited to get them whenever I am in Germany, and usually can find them all over Europe. But this past trip they were nowhere to be found. They had been replaced with Kinder Joy eggs which were kind of similar, but you open a plastic egg and eat its contents with a little spoon. The real deal is a chocolate egg, which is hollow, and contains a plastic yellow yoke which has a toy inside. This Kinder Joy nonsense is more work . I still got a toy, but I didn't get Joy. It's a scam, i tell you. If anyone has information about this, please share. Tell me they didn't discontinue them!

In Iceland, you have to pass through security with a metal detector in order to leave the airport after arriving on a flight.

I resent places with names that begin with the word "the." The Ukraine. The Gambia. The Hague. The Sudan. Why???? It's awkward and I oppose this. Such as South Africa, and the Iraq, and everywhere like such as and.....

I make exceptions to the above rule. Where there is a plural involved, "the" is allowed. The Hawaiian Islands. The Cook Islands. The Netherlands. The United States. Also, certain other things make sense with "the" like the Czech Republic, The Russian Federation.

If you accidentally open the disc tray on your DVD player, and spray WD40 straight into where the lens is, it will not work anymore.

I would like to see a Canadian somewhere outside of North America who is not clearly marked with a red Maple Leaf somewhere on his/her clothing and/or bags. I am pretty sure I never will though.

Sometimes I feel like Donnie from the Big Lebowski. Only partially aware of what is going on around me, and getting yelled at all the time for no apparent reason.

If you are randomly selected for extra screening at the airport, or happen to make the mistake of setting off the metal detector, a stranger will suddenly become intimately familiar with every inch of your body. I mean LITERALLY every inch. There are certain inches of my body that I prefer not to have thoroughly felt by a strange 55 year old woman in an airport. "Listen, this is awkward. I've only just met you and we've basically gotten to 3rd base already. And you're not at all my type, since I'm not gay. So... um... please finish violating me as quickly as possible, because I have a flight to catch. OK?"

In other countries, apparently you don't actually have to remove your shoes to go through security. I didn't know. I just assumed. I got laughed at...

My cell phone service was shut off for an entire day this week. I was aggravated so much by this. I needed to use the phone many times that day. They finally turned the phone back on and so many people called me that I wanted it turned back off again.

I am curious why there are 20 Walmart shopping carts in the parking lot in front of my apartment. They are all tidy too, pushed together into 2 lines, similar to how they would be at the store. There were none one day; the next day, about 20. Odd.

It takes far longer to write a text message than it does to call someone. In a shorter time, you could convey a ton more information if we would just call them and speak directly to them. Yet for some reason, we all text people. A lot. I do it too. I'm not sure why, but I do. A lot.

In England, the word "fanny" does not mean ass. It refers to female genitalia. If you want to see a lot of horrified and confused faces, find a group of Brits. Go somewhere with a lot of tourists. When you see someone wearing one, point and comment that you think fanny packs are tacky and terribly unflattering. Wackiness will ensue.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I have to refer to my uniform's fanny pack as a "Bum Bag." It's not the same...