Friday, December 12, 2008

Not dead yet...

Just lazy and sorry for not updating for a long time.  I've been tempted to go on some rants from time to time lately, but I tried not to bore and annoy everyone with my political tyrades.  Now that I have calmed down from my election induced frenzy, I will say Yay Obama!  And Boo hiss to anyone who voted for constitutional amendments that restrict fellow Americans' equal rights.  I will leave it at that, for now.  Warning: more rants may follow...

I don't really have any exciting news or amazing stories to tell.  At least nothing I can think of right now at this late hour (I really need to learn how to go to bed at a normal time).  But my "fanbase" actually complained that I haven't written for a while so I thought I should make an appearance in the blogosphere. 

Recently I have been pondering something, and maybe someone who reads this can tell me.  Please?  Why do toilets in public places have seats with a gap in the front?  They are sort of an oval U shape.  (Why am I describing this?  I'm pretty sure you all know what I am talking about.)  But no one ever has a toilet seat like that in their bathroom at home.  Regular house toilet seats go all the way around.  There must be an explanation for this.  Curious.  No?  Are the U shaped toilet seats cheaper?  Then why don't we all get the cheaper ones?  I can't think of any functional difference, can you?  Please share any wisdom you have on this topic.  You'd be suprised and pretty disappointed in me if you knew how much time I have spent thinking about this...

Now I really have to go to bed though.  But I leave you with this, the Word of The Day (I'm bringing the word of the day out of retirement, yay!):

Strew   Yes.  Strew.  We all have heard this word in some form.  "You could tell it was finals week by the number of papers and books strewn across every surface of her living room."  Strewn, as in scattered, spread, dispursed.  But have you ever heard or used the word in any other tense?  To Strew.  Strews.  Strewing.  Strewing does not sound like a word, but I recently learned it is.  Strewing!  Haha!  I'm not sure why this was as funny to me as it was, but there you are.

No comments: