Monday, March 17, 2008

Can dogs be trained to shut the fuck up????

I love dogs. I have always loved dogs. Anyone who knows me is aware that I love dogs as much as, if not more than people. And puppies? No contest.

But it is 2am. actually, 215am. I've been listening to a chorus of barking for hours now. Some asshole in my building has two dogs that NEVER stop barking. There are at least two dogs. I just went out there at 2am in my pajamas, in the cold, outside, down the stairs, to check this out. I can see those two fuckers through the window. They were pretty upset about me being there. They sure did bark at me a lot. But I've been inside for 25 minutes and they haven't stopped barking... Sigh......

So anyway, here is my question. I hate listening to these dogs bark. I mean, this is a bad situation for all of the neighbors and i can't imagine these dogs are very happy either. But mainly it's about me. I can't sleep. This is officially a problem now. Do I complain? Is there anything that can be done?

I don't complain about my neighbors. I leave them alone, and i hope that they leave me alone. My current neighbors have been super about leaving me alone. And I have never complained about anyone to the apartment manager. But I really am thinking about it now. For weeks i have been listening to hours of barking every day. If I complain to the neighbor directly, then they get pissed off at me and probably don't do anything. Right?

Is there any possible way to train a dog to stop barking? Is this possible? I don't really want to get the dogs evicted. Or god forbid have the owner forced to get rid of them. Then they end up in a shelter. I can't live with that. No. I just want them to shut up.

If anyone has any information about how to stop dogs from barking (other than surgically removing their vocal cords... or murdering them), PLEASE tell me. Do certain dogs just bark all the time? Is it because they are bored? Because they are scared? What causes this? I would like to go knock on their door with some kind of solution to suggest. Although I am on the verge of just shaking my fist and yelling, "PIPE DOWN!" while making a really mean frowny face. But I don't suppose that is likely to work.

Help!

No comments: