Sunday, March 23, 2008

The dogs aren't dead.

Just so no one is all upset with me, the dogs downstairs are NOT dead. I heard them earlier. They haven't been going crazy or anything (thank goodness). But they were barking a little earlier today.

Although I wanted to murder them, I would never really hurt them. Good. I'm glad we cleared that up. It has been pointed out to me in the past couple days that most people do not find dead animals funny. My only argument about this is that there are some circumstances where they are. For example, the other day someone posted something hilarious on craigslist in the FREE stuff. It was a stuffed squirrel holding what they claimed was an 8 year old severed finger. I mean a finger that had been gnawed off of its person 8 years ago, not a finger that was cut off of an 8 year old. I really have my doubts about the authenticity of this "finger." But regardless of this, it was FUCKING HILARIOUS.

To all of you that said things to me like, "Ew, it's a dead squirrel," or "severed fingers aren't funny," or "dead bunnies aren't funny," (that was an unrelated event, and no, there was no actual dead bunny) I just want to say that in the right context, HELL YEAH THEY ARE! Where is your sense of humor? Who's with me? I know I'm not alone here. It's just like dead baby jokes. A real dead baby isn't funny. But dead baby jokes are another story. Wow, I'm way off topic, huh?

Back to my original point, I tentatively would like to say thank you to my neighbor (whom I have never met) for doing whatever you did to stop this awful concert of barking. Especially because I didn't ever have to actually speak to you or confront you in any way. But of course it has only been about a week. So I reserve the right to retract this 'thank you' if they start their yapping again.

I've been having a really nice day today. I haven't left the house once. I've been chillin' at home in peace and quiet the whole day. I have said it before, and I will say it a million more times. Days off kick ass. I really wish I could have more of them. Like 100 days off. Wow. Or infinity days off. Yes. Why not dream big? Infinity days off. Indeed.

Today I haven't accomplished anything at all. Not one thing. I watched a lot of Jeopardy! in an effort to clear up some memory in my DVR. I guess that counts as being productive. I also have been watching some CSI NY that i got from netflix. Man do I love this show. I love crime dramas, especially CSI and CSI NY. They really achieved a winning combination of creepy gory corpses, mystery and intrigue, science geeky stuff, and cute boys. Lots of cute boys. Especially them. But also him and him. And several others. And CSI NY has Gary Sinise too. I don't think he's cute, but you gotta give it up for Lieutenant Dan.

That's right. I just now figured out how to add links into my writing. That's exciting for me, because I am pretty e-tarted. It was about 100,000 times easier than I imagined it would be.

No comments: